Monday, August 27, 2007

Two Men Roughin' It

Well, not so much, but hey, it sounds tough. Just to let you know, having Seth Jones as a friend is a blessed thing. I was fortunate enough to tag along with him, his wife Adrianne, and their daughter Evey for the weekend at the Lake of the Ozarks. Here's Jones and I smoking some cigars during a rain delay at the Porto Cima golf course on the lake. I'd like to have you think that's rain on me there, but more than likely it is sweat. Neither here nor there...

Anyways, besides golfing at two great courses (Jones and I at the "Witch's Cove" on the Witch's Cove Golf course), I got to spend some quality time with the Jones'. Besides celebrating a milestone birthday for Adrianne, we were able to enjoy a relaxing weekend now that I'm closer to the Lawrence area. And besides a bout of rain we experienced early in our weekend, the weather was gorgeous, the company fantastic, and the trip enjoyable.

And of course, what would a post be without my favorite god-daughter, Evelyn. As Adrianne says, "she gets more beautiful with each day's start!" Yeah, she learned the stoic look from her father, who's signature pose looks pretty similar. Thanks to the Jones family for the weekend trip, glad I could be part of a great ride this past weekend.

No comments: