Sunday, August 5, 2007

Comics in Prison: Seth's question

Hmmm...good question. I would prolly have to narrow my choices to those titles that have been around for a good long time, like Batman or X-men. And then it would have to be a title or character that I would enjoy reading about. I'm assuming that it would be a continuous run of the same volume, not continuations like volume 2 (like Captain America or Spiderman). I'm also going to assume that the title doesn't have to be currently published (say, f'r example, Thor). So to get the most bang for my buck, I'm going to need a title that has been around since the 60's at the latest. Since I already own all but the first 120 issues or so of X-men, they're out. Batman? Maybe, probably even. Superman was just plain silly for years so he's out (yeah, Batman was silly too, but those O'neil and Adams stories of the seventies made up for it). Thor would be good if only for the Simonson run. Spiderman would prolly be neck and neck with Batman. But then there is the Fantastic Four and all that Kirby and Lee goodness. Hmm, this is tough. I'm going to have to say Batman, but it would be close. Real close. Does this mob boss owe me any other favors?

No comments: