Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Comics in Prison IV: What title would Jones take?


I'd have to take Amazing Spider-Man.



It's a title I already love... plus, there's lots of it that I haven't read yet. And it's a storyline that I wouldn't mind studying and reading and re-reading. The progression of Flash Thompson as a character. Norman/Harry Osbourne. The Kingpin. The Rose. Hobgoblin. Kraven. Todd McFarlane. Steve Ditko. JR. JRJR. Zeck. Gil Kane.


And if I'm ever short on toilet paper, there's always the clone saga.
I can see taking Batman or Superman (Detective or Action, naturally). Lots of issues, lots of history. But there's a little too much rainbow kryptonite, Bat-Mite and imaginary stories for me.
(You know what I mean when I say "imaginary stories." Don't try to make that joke, Trav.)

2 comments:

Monster Monkey said...

This is extremely shocking
Considering my last visit to Lawrence and you had Spiderman toothbrush, shower curtain and I was surprised to NOT see Spiderman Toilet paper.
You had Spiderman EVERYWHERE.
It was just proof I'd found the right place.....although the creme de la creme was the comics rack, which absolutely ruled.
In all the babies and moving- were you able to keep all that to some capacity?

Zarko said...

Yeah, the 40-year Spider-Man thing would be cool. What I find interesting is how the mood or tone changes through the years and as different creators take a crack at it.

Also, there's MAJOR chunks I haven't read, especially in the '90's.