Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Sadness


I don't know if you guys heard (or got the email I sent out, but...)
On Sunday, comics lost one of its best.
Mike Wieringo, artist on such great runs on Fantastic Four, Spiderman, and The Flash- which made him a star, died of sudden heart failure at the young age of 44.
Since his run on The Flash, in the early '90s- he's been one of my greatest influences because he didn't caddy to the trendy styles of any time and seemingly refused to take the popular route of dark and realistic to sell a book. He was, and will always be, awesome.

Comics are definitely worse for his being gone.

It's taken me a day to gather my thoughts and be able to write anything.
Nothing could ever be spoken or written to fit such a tragedy.

I never had the pleasure of meeting him and am sad that I never will.

He will be dearly missed

If you're not familiar with his work, please honor his passing by visiting :
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=97896991
or
http://www.mikewieringo.com/

No comments: