Wednesday, October 10, 2007

An email to a fellow Radiohead fan

Reason # 7,326 why I prefer to buy a CD.

OK, so I purchased (the new Radiohead CD, available via download only) last night when I emailed you. I had been drinking, of course, but was all geeked to buy the album and then download it today.

Well, I wanted to spend $12.00 on the CD. But since it’s in “pounds” or whatever, I’ve got to convert. So I went to a converter and it made sense to convert it to Euros. $8.58 Euros, I paid for the CD. Today I checked my credit card. My card was charged $18.58. Dammit. OK, whatever.

But then, this morning, I went to download. When it gave me the choice of “save,” “open,” or “cancel,” I chose “open,” because I wanted to choose WHERE I saved it. Well, nothing happens for about two minutes. I panic, and close the window and start over.

Then I re-enter the link they gave me. “We’re sorry, the link you’ve entered has already downloaded,” it told me.

So now I spent $6.50 more than I wanted to, and I have nothing but frustration to show for it.

There was an email address for problems, I emailed them my story at 7:30 a.m. and still no response.

1 comment:

Seth said...

OK, they finally got back to me, and they gave me a new link to download it... and now I'm jamming to it.

Peace on earth, Radiohead for me.