Friday, September 17, 2010

A Kind of Announcement

This is a cross-post that originally appeared on my website and my LiveJournal.

So I mentioned in several tweets that I was writing a 'very cool story'. I can tell you now that it's a new series for Actionopolis but there's an official announcement coming later on as to the title and content of my work so we'll keep that under wraps for now. Here is a press release that was picked up by a lot of folks, including Publisher's Weekly.

I'm REALLY excited to be doing this. I'll continue keeping you updated on my progress at Twitter. I can tell you that I've made several rookie mistakes that the editor is guiding me through. The first batch of notes stung a little, but once I got over it (about ten minutes later) I started learning and made my writing BETTER. With each batch of notes I learn more about structure, about plotting and about tension.

So, even though for a year I put a story each month up at my website for you to enjoy and haven't put anything up for a while now, I've been busy and you'll get to see the fruits of it in (I hope!) not too long a while. Stay tuned for more.

2 comments:

tsweeten said...

Congratulations!

Seth said...

AWESOME NEWS! Looking forward to more details as soon as you can share them!