Sunday, August 22, 2010

Go CUBS!


Two weekends ago, Mar and I went to Lollapalooza (expect a full report in the next issue of the APA). The last day of Lolla, Sunday, I asked Mar what he'd think of hitting the Cubs game before going to Lolla. We were staying only four blocks from Wrigley Field, and there weren't any bands that we were dead-set on seeing early that day.

I'm thankful that Mar was keen to the idea and we went and bought scalped tickets shortly after the second inning had started up. Our seats were midway between 1st base and the foul pole, 10 rows off the field. $80 face, we got our seats for $40 per tick.

The Cubs got licked by the Reds, but we had a great time anyway.

And yes, I know I swore to a Cook Co., Illinois court that I'd never return to Wrigley Field until the Cubs won the World Series, but... some rulings are meant to be broken.

No comments: