Friday, June 5, 2009

Esquire fiction contest

Hey guys,

Esquire has a fiction writing contest that they're doing right now. $2,500 for first place, along with getting published in Es-freakin-quire.

The story has to be written based on one of the three below titles. Less than 4,000 words. One entry per soul.

1. "Twenty-Ten"
2. "An Insurrection"
3. "Never, Ever Bring This Up Again"

Here's the link: http://www.esquire.com/fiction/fiction-contest?click=main_sr

Good luck! If you submit something, maybe publish it in your next zine, too?

3 comments:

Monster Monkey said...

If a picture is worth 1,000 words, can I submit four pictures for the contest?

Jason Arnett said...

I have been thinking about this since I read the issue. I think I'm working on "An Insurrection". That's quite a nice title.

Jason Arnett said...

I have just finished my entry for the contest. I'm submitting under the Never, Ever Bring This Up Again title and I'm very pleased with how it came out.

More when I hear it. I'll send you guys the story in the next issue of PL.