Friday, March 7, 2008

Some books from a random long box






Well, I grabbed a random longbox and these are a few of the cooler books I pulled out from it. Mostly it's new stuff -- New Avengers, Cap, Amazing Spidey -- a lot of stuff from right before I quit buying (the very first Civil War Spideys are in there).


And some cool Silver Age stuff. I thought, just for fun, I'd throw one of these up on eBay... but then I looked around eBay and these books are just so cheap unless they're in 9.8 or better... I'll keep them for another 20 years and then reconsider.


So here they are, for your viewing pleasure. What would you grade the X-Men # 6 at?

6 comments:

tsweeten said...

I would grade it at poor. It looks like the cover is loose and there is writing on it. Very damaged on the spine. If the interior is in good shape (doubtful, considering the cover) then you might be able to pawn it off on someone who just has to have it. Otherwise, I'd just keep it.

Seth said...

Yeah, your X-Men # 6 is WAY BETTER.

Monster Monkey said...

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHA
woo....that was funny.
Those covers are freakin' awesome, man. I love the Thor "This cover is too beautiful for captions..."
I would say that was a great score

tsweeten said...

Hey, you asked what it would grade at. I offered my opinion. If you don't like it, that's your fault for asking.

Seth said...

No, I know, I did ask -- and my response was meant with a laugh. I'm glad I can count on you to be brutally honest though, and not even offer me a glimmer of, "hey, cool books," or anything... instead, I discover that this X-Men # 6 is a pox upon my collection, something I should probably be ashamed to own!

tsweeten said...

okay, you're right, I should have been more forgiving. And you do have some cool books. I have to say in all honesty that your collection probably blows mine out of the water in terms of silver age goodness. Most of my collection doesn't start until the mid-80's. I'll be more aware of the tongue-in-cheekiness in the future.